Thursday, September 15, 2011

You Yangs

On Sunday I went to the You Yangs for an MTB ride under a new program.

Talk about amateur hour!! You know the guy who pitches up with the "there's nothing in the world I can't ride" attitude... i was that guy. And I was suitably relegated straight to the back of the group of five of us. My best (read 'most useless') moment was when I binned it on a loose corner with soft edges! The whole ride was very refreshing, highlighting that there's so much more that I can develop and learn in my quest to raise the goal bar and push new limits. fairdinkum though, I was like Gumby-gone-Cycling. i ballsed up enough early on to make the rest of the ride a session of second-guessing what I would stuff up next... and used up the last of those rear brake pads from the Terra!

With a little rain early on the trails had plenty of puddles. It was a great ride, getting a chance to ride some of the changes made during the parks closure over the past six months.

1 comment: